Saturday, May 22, 2010

prickly pear

Hiking out at the North Shore Trail the other day. Just a few minutes from our apartment, it's become our go-to hike. Great views of the Missouri. Prickly pear catcus and yucca plants all around. We saw a snake on this hike, but I don't think it had a rattle. Heather's celebrating her birthday (it's June 7th) in Indiana right now, with a surprise party.. Wishing I could be there for it. Having her gone makes me feel a bit bewildered. I ate General Tso's chicken last night, and a ridiculous hot dog today, if that's any indication of how I'm feeling. Then just now I bought brussels sprouts, broccoli, and frozen spinach at the grocery, hopefully to inspire me to eat healthier while she's away. I sure miss her- even though it's only been two days. Things are so much better shared. Happy birthday, darling.

3 comments:

  1. awww... so sweet Todd!!! yucca plants, eh? can you pick them?! i suppose not, since it is a park... but i LOVE yuca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we just found your blog. Hope you are both doing in Montana. It is very exciting to here that you will be having a baby. Congratulations.
    brandon and jessica shurr
    brandonandjessica@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i concur about the being apart thing! know she's thinking of you too! :) love you both - and little walnut, too!!

    ReplyDelete